Tuesday 19 October 2010

Mid Spain - Not even started the event and already a problem!

Don't worry when I say there is a problem, the wheels have not fallen off and the car is still going! I'll come onto that in a second, to keep the tension, and to ensure you read all the blog!
I've been receiving the updates from Mark and Sue with ease whilst they are still in sunny Spain, well I say 'sunny', and that may be true, but it is certainly pretty chilly over night.
The frost is present at night, either that or the Amstel beer (left) fridge was left open over night!


Since the chilly night in Spain, they had their first minor issue of the trip. The front most part of the exhaust decided to disintegrate whilst they were driving along. Luckily the exhaust pipe decided to finally fall apart next to a scrap yard and the owner was very helpful in letting Mark use his tools and all (I say 'all' I wouldn't have a clue what to do) Mark had to do was to cut out the old section and weld in a piece of new pipe.
If all else fails, there's a flat bed parked next to the car!
That's all for now folks, but as soon as I hear more I will inform you!

For and on behalf of Mark & Sue

1 comment:

  1. Well at least it wasnt that dodgy French oil causing a problem
    Colin

    ReplyDelete